* Getting Ready (packing, planning, finding a route)
* Daily Logistics (navigating, sleeping, eating)
* The People You Meet (weird questions people ask, accepting hospitality)
* Staying Connected (staying in touch, gadgets, electricity, internet)
* Challenges (dogs, traffic, bad weather, staying healthy)
* Far Away Places (visas, vaccinations, safety, bribes and bargaining)
* Coming Home (readjustment, getting a job again)
* Bike & Gear Tips (caring for your bike, tent, stove, sleeping mat, etc)
* Resources (packing list, recommended equipment)
The book is written by Andrew & Friedel Grant, who have 60,000km of bike touring experience, including a round-the-world bicycle tour. The book also includes the tips, stories and photos of 50 other bike tourists.
“This book’s got soul! I’d rec
Download the full 40min Cycling Guide here:
Buy Cyclefilm Bicycling DVDs http://cyclefilm.com/shop
Cycling on Facebook:
Follow Cyclefilm on Twitter:
Tweets by cyclefilm
Gain an insight into the basics of Sportive Cycling techniques in 5 How To Cycle episodes available from Cyclefilm. This informative video guide takes you thru competitive climbing/descending techniques, Ride Preparation, Bike Set-up, Bicycle Maintenance and Packing. Narrated by UK endurance rider and Sportive Specialist Michael Cotty from Cannondale.
The full how to cycling guide is available on DVD as part of the Bonus Features of Cyclefilm’s European Sportive Recon ‘THE TRILOGY’ and the 2008 L’Etape du Tour Recon DVD ‘THE ROAD TO HAUTACAM’ available in the Cyclefilm Shop. Perfect entertainment for indoor cycling or spinning classes.
For more on Mike Cotty and Cannondale visit:
For more inspiring cycling films and DVD, visit:
Watch all Cycling Survival Guides in High Quality on Vimeo:
CYCLEFILM is a dedicated cycling production company for cycling related DVDs, how-to cycling guides, bicycle documentaries, L’Etape du Tour, Gran Fondo recon films, promotional videos and bicycle industry news coverage from pro events and trade shows.
Don’t Dream it, Do it – Cyclefilm Founder/Director Markus Neuert
Bike Touring Survival Guide